Monday, January 14, 2013

Gemma's birthday snack for school

My kids are huge freaks about lemons.  I think they get this from their lemon obsessed Papa Steve.  I needed to make a quick snack for Gemma to bring to school on the morning of her birthday, so I grabbed my go to cook book "Barefoot Contessa at Home" by the wonderful Ina Garten.  I absolutely love any recipe she writes.  I swear that everything I have made with her name on it has turned out wonderful.  If you are not a cook and thinking about starting, her recipes are easy and extremely tasty.  If you google "Ina Garten" or "Barefoot Contessa" you will find tons of recipes to give you an idea of what her recipes are about and the types of ingredients she likes to use.  The Food Network also has a ton of her recipes in their archives.  

I decided to send her lemon yogurt cake since I had a fresh batch of yogurt and I knew the lemon soaked cake would make Gemma's taste buds happy.

IMG_2572

The cake is baked with fresh lemon zest and then soaked in a lemon syrup.  The finishing touch is a lemon glaze.  Unfortunately I didn't get a piece because the kids and teachers gobbled it up!  I guess I will have to make one for myself one of these days...


No comments:

Post a Comment